Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ah, feeling more like spring

Yesterday we went to the local park and a cool greenhouse to check out some of the early flowers. There were a couple Chinese women with our group, both who were preggo too. One is due in June, the other August. The temperature was in the upper-50's but still nice. I got a few gorgeous pictures. Here are some of the more unusual from my bunch:




My parents came down to visit and take us out to dinner in the evening. We had a lot of fun spending time with them, and Mom bought me my first maternity shirt (I'll post a picture of it later!). She said when trying to find the maternity department, she had to ask an employee and at first the employee looked down at her belly, seemed confused, then told her! I thought it was quite funny!

Today is supposed to be 70 degrees so I am definitely planning to go outside and walk. I also plan to try out a new recipe for spicy turkey chili (turkey because I happen to have ground turkey I bought on sale). http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Smokin-Scovilles-Turkey-Chili/Detail.aspx

Now I just have to find an habanero pepper! I don't plan to use the beer or liquid smoke, I will use the smoky chipotle Tabasco sauce instead though.

A couple at church also gave us a big bag of all these baby magazines. Definitely will have plenty of reading material around!

Tomorrow I'm going to do my bi-weekly ritual of taking a photo of my belly! I will post the progress from week 4 through now. Will there be a difference between week 8 and week 10 (or did my bloating at week 8 make me look further along than I was)? I'm not sure yet, so we'll see. It is fun to see the slight progress, after all the big belly doesn't just come from no where!

No comments: