Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring's Symbolism

Even the unobservant couldn't miss all the new green leaves along the highway now. All the bushes are getting new leaves, and it is so cool to watch the landscape transform. The branches of most trees are still bare (except the dogwoods with their pretty white flowers that smell so foul to me!!), but there is so much growing it finally feels like spring! As we get hit with one of the early spring cold snaps this weekend, I will just be thankful we aren't getting a blizzard like northern Minnesota. This spring as been special for me, as watching all this new growth is reminding me of the little one growing inside of me. By the time all the leaves are in their full glory and falling to the ground, this little one should also be making his or her way in to the world.

I had tons of energy and a little trouble sleeping early in the week. However, over the past two days this has caught up to me. I was almost falling asleep in a meeting yesterday, and made a point to go to bed earlier last night. I woke up though with a start around 1am, confused (because Michael was just then going to bed), fighting a tension headache, and you guessed it....having to pee! Thankfully, through relaxing I was able to get the muscles to relax. I was dealing with a little gas though right before I went back to sleep that almost made me nauseous for a moment. Thankfully, that went away and I woke up feeling fine.

Today for donating $5 to the company charity, we got to have this excellent breakfast buffet! I made myself a BLT, had a blue berry pancake, a little monkey bread, chocolate milk, and a little sausage. It was very good and held my hunger at bay until 2pm!

This week, I told both organizations I regularly volunteer with about my pregnancy. The head coach at Girls on the Run saw me and was kidding, "There's no baby in there you skinny little thing!" as she saw my belly. I don't know if I'll be showing enough the little girls will notice or not by the end of their season which right when we go on our trip to Hawaii on May 10 (more about the trip later, for those unaware about it). We told the head of International Friendships as well, and are making the big announcement to everyone tonight. We almost did last week, but it just never worked out. This week is a lot better. We told a few of our closer Chinese friends and they are all very excited.

The only other thing is my mother-in-law sent me the Pottery Barn Kids catalog and it arrived yesterday. While we both agree the stuff is generally way too expensive, it is still super cute and good for inspiration. They had all kinds of cute stuff with these little jungle animals, and it was fun to see. We don't plan to spend a lot of money on our baby's room. We are practical and reasonable, and honestly would rather put money into some kind of account for our child's future rather than spend a bunch of money on all this stuff they won't remember and will grow out of quickly!

No comments: