Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Learning the Limbo

No, I'm not perfecting techniques for that silly dance people do with a bar or rope chanting, "How low can you go!" I am beginning to learn about the pregnancy limbo, which occurs at the end of the first trimester and at the beginning of the second. At least it's what I'm calling this phase of not really feeling or looking pregnant yet, but knowing you will sometime relatively soon (just not sure when).

It started for me yesterday after noticing my belly has actually shrunk. I then realized how many of my other early first trimester "symptoms" also seemed to be lessening. In fact, I am almost beginning to feel more like my normal, old self. This new sense of quiet, or like nothing is really happening, almost freaked me out when I was laying in bed. I was trying to feel my uterus, but it still isn't really clear what is what down there. Especially when standing it does feel harder, but I've always had enough muscle I cannot tell if anything changed or not!

Thanks to the support of several female friends who have been pregnant before, I realized this is very normal to be experiencing right now! The uncertainty and a bit of anxiousness are normal too. I feel totally reassured now. Their best advice, just keep distracting myself and do not worry. They also said, if something were to happen there was nothing I can do to change it anyway so just go day by day. Most women didn't start to notice they looked pregnant until weeks 16-18. Most said it wasn't more obvious until closer to week 20!

Finally, I realized I am still having "symptoms," I'm either just used to them now (like getting up to pee 1-2 times a night), needing to eat my fiber to avoid "those" issues, slightly tender breasts, or more sporatic like the weird back pain after basement cleaning, random diarrhea (also common for many pregnant women in between the opposite issue), and random headaches. I need to remind myself of that before I convince myself I'm feeling totally "normal."

It's so hard not to want to rush to the point when you know all is going to work out, but life never gives us this option. Truthfully, I almost don't know if I would take this option if I did have it. Patience is a difficult course to take, but always one of the most rewarding by far. Plus, Lord knows I'm going to need it with a child all the way through life!

At least my next Dr. appointment is next Wednesday at 3:45.

On a random note, this is a funny site my friend Jenn sent for women who want to see what they will look like with a big belly! I tried it and it was very funny. Didn't have one with dark enough hair to look like me, so I was a redhead instead! You only have to enter information in order to share: http://www.lookwhosprego.com/?source=emailApril21

No comments: