Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Popular Baby Names....from 1880 through today!

This is very fascinating! I'm actually not even looking into names yet, but I wanted to remember it for later so I'm posting it now. I was on an online forum where someone gave this link when a person was asking what names were popular in the 1920's. This is from the Social Security records! I was looking through for fun, and found my name was ranked number 16 the year I was born, my husband's was number one. My Dad's name was number one the year he was born, and my Mom's was number 5. My sister's was number 12 when she was born. I noticed popular male names changed a lot more gradually than popular female names.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OACT/babynames/

No comments: