Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby's First Clothes!

Recently, I've had an energy kick. Last night I couldn't sleep until 11:30pm and even today I wasn't that tired. Right now, I'm hoping to wind myself down so I can go to sleep by 10:30 and get at least 8 hours. I keep thinking it might be the nicer weather, the walks I'm taking, or maybe even just talking to people. For some reason, talking to people (not even about baby stuff, just talking) has given me a lot of energy lately. I'm enjoying it though!

Today there was another "mystery box" for me waiting in front of my computer. I saw where it was from and was trying to guess who sent it. I opened up the cutest box of little baby clothes!! I love all the little things, the little animals (I especially like the little giraffes....taking after one of my grandmas), the colors, all just so adorable!



It was sent by my Sister-in-law who has two kids. In her card she said these were all the things she used all the time with her kids! It was just so thoughtful, everyone being so thoughtful really just blows my mind sometimes....and I'm definitely keeping this in mind for when others I know get pregnant too. I made a point to call her and thank her!

Another good friend of mine also dropped off a gift for me: the "classic" book "What to Expect When You're Expecting." I have been meaning to check it out anyway, so it is great to finally have on hand. I have overall heard good reviews, maybe a few more mixed, but either way I enjoy reading or at least using books as a springboard for further research. Between that, the parenting magazines from the couple at church, and also my regular Runner's World magazines (just got another today) I'll have more than enough to read for quite awhile!

By the way, my friend Jenn who is due on Friday wasn't on Gmail chat today, so I wonder if she went into labor!! She said she was having some contractions yesterday, so I'm really wondering and praying for her now. I look forward to hearing news from her soon. She also didn't find out the sex of the baby in advance, so it's extra exciting!

Better get off here now and try to relax and unwind so I can get my sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could use some of your energy! That's a very cute gift.