Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Washington DC?!?!

I received a big piece of (good) news yesterday at work, and I don't know even know what it will mean for me. We had a 4 hour company communication meeting, and in it they announced for the annual company year-end banquet they are taking the whole office to Washington DC! The issue for me: this will be about a month before my calendar due date in early October, and I will be 35-36 weeks pregnant at the time! I don't even think I'll be allowed to travel!

A little bit of background information: every year my company goes all out and has a big formal celebration at the end of their fiscal year in early October. They always go all out, and it is by far fancier than any wedding reception I have been to (formal attire, at least 3-course meal, all you can drink, live bands, appetizers galore, etc. They even give us each a travel allowance so we can all go together and arrive in limos. It is completely unlike anything I have ever seen. The only down side is, we cannot bring our spouses (because of expense).

My OB is very supportive of travel during pregnancy, but I don't know about that far along! I also don't know if they are flying us or we're taking charter buses. The only thing Michael and I decided for sure, is IF I did go then surely he is going to use some of our frequent flier miles to fly out and be there too. Even if he cannot go to any of the events, he would find plenty to do and we'd feel better being together just in case. Again, I'm not expecting to be able to go but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Well, my little pooch belly has been back recently. I guess it just comes and goes. I have again been pretty tired this week, but thankfully Michael is doing better so we can again sleep in the same room without me remaining sleepless all night (ear plugs helped at first).

Michael found another funny gender predictor study. Kidding he said, "We're having a son since you eat cereal daily ;-)" I know plenty of exceptions to the rule (plus any critical reader knows there is a lot more involved that plays a stronger role than just the mom's diet!). Sure I have a hearty appetite normally, always eat breakfast (normally cereal), and eat lots of potassium but that isn't going to be the main determining factor! http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/23/america/Diet-Baby-Gender.php

Finally, a family we know at church (that has four girls) gave us a whole plastic trashbag full of baby clothes from newborn to 6 months. They said if we have a girl, there is plenty more where that came from. It is cool, we will either put it to use or find someone to use it!

No comments: