Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Not Senile, But....

I'm not senile, but I'm starting to feel like it some days! Between this and the back pain I had that one weekend, so far pregnancy seems to be a preview of what it will like to be old. Well, maybe not quite ;-)! I am well aware of the recent studies that were done showing pregnancy really does effect a woman's memory (although I'm confident there was no woman out there questioning that....I think some men were probably just trying to figure out if women were serious!). I just had no idea when it would start to kick in. Yeah for 13 weeks though!

As for my memory issues, it started with small things yesterday such as: forgetting to grab some stuff one of Michael's friend's gave us at church, forgetting to grab my receipt when I went through the U-Scan at Kroger, forgetting to put my cell phone back in my purse last night so I left home without it. My most dramatic and embarrassing episode was at work today, when I forgot about a 10 am design review with the editor, product manager, and my design manager until my calendar gave me a reminder 15 minutes before the meeting! I scurried around and pulled everything together, though I did keep them waiting almost 10 minutes. I apologized, and no one seemed upset thankfully. During the meeting, adding to the embarrassment my stomach started growing to the point my manager made a comment like, "Hungry?" It was just going to be one of those days for sure. The meeting did go well and surprisingly was very smooth. Afterward my manager pointed out I had left my notebook behind, right as I realized I also forgot to turn off the lights! Thank goodness Google calendar and Michael are helping me remember bills! I generally have the better memory of us two, but teaming up together we can get through this. It is weird, I mostly seem to forget things I used to remember without thinking about before.

As for my company's big Washington, DC trip I found out the dates today and this is making my prospect of going looking more grim than ever. We are scheduled to arrive in DC (and I'm guessing leave that morning) on Tuesday, October 14 and come back Friday the 17th! I will be 37.5 weeks pregnant then, and if Little One decides to try and come early to be a Libra like Mommy, that would be a little harrowing to attempt travel then. Plus, all my friends who know me well know I am the queen of crazy road trip/travel stories. That could very well be setting myself up for the "mother" of all travel stories and crazy situations.....literally!

Other than that, I have to pee almost every hour sometimes now and my lower abdomen was a bit achy yesterday especially when I woke up. Today I have found myself really tired. I sleep at least 8 hours last night, but I was still dragging all day. Michael had popped in a Van Halen cd to hear a song as I was getting ready for bed, and let me tell you there is nothing like Van Halen's "Ain't Talking About Love" blasting on your alarm in the morning to get you moving no matter how tired you are! I repaid the favor and set his alarm to music later too, then laughed when the song went off again for him!! I definitely plan to get to bed early tonight. Yesterday I was craving Chinese won tons, and these we make with ground pork, fresh grated ginger, fresh pressed garlic, a little parsley, salt, and pepper all wrapped the way a Chinese family taught us. We serve them in beef broth, that has a little parsley, onion powder, and usually add some spicy hot oil. We also eat some rice on the side. It was so tasty! We still had plenty of leftovers for tonight, and since it is rainy and cool they totally hit the spot.

I now have just 2 days left in the First Trimester. I plan to celebrate the Second, when I reach 13 weeks, 3 days (the gestational development time line most doctors and medical people use) this Thursday, May 1st. My next Dr's appointment is this Wednesday at 3:45, so I am looking forward of to that also just assuring me yes, we made it through.

Oh by the way, my sister found another of those diet links speculating if what a women eats influences what gender she'll have. Hmmm, I eat a lot of potassium (mostly potatoes which have twice the potassium of bananas...I eat those for lunch with cottage cheese and Bac-O's fairly regularly with other sides) and I generally crave sodium more than sweet. Still, I won't be surprised if a little renegade girl didn't come along! You just never know!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/04/23/gender.diet/index.html

1 comment:

fidelia33 said...

Lisa:
I don't think that it is wise to travel at 37 weeks since I delivered both of mine at 37 weeks. Even though most people go over their due date with their first baby you could be surprised. You may want to ask your OB too because they can tell you more. If I have another baby I will not be able to travel at all in the 3rd trimester. Just thought I would let you know. Sounds like over all that you are having a great pregnancy so far!