Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Not to be taken seriously—Gender predictors

Much like horoscopes, there are gender predictors out there. I tried a couple just for fun, but I honestly don't take them seriously. The first was is a Chinese gender predictor that uses a formula based on the mother's age and the month. This predicted boy for me.

Another was this funny thing I saw on some online buddy groups I am part of. This one asks me questions like what color I liked, if I liked the smell of lavender, and what kind of animal I saw last. This is what it said for me:

Madame Zaritska's reading

Madame Zaritska, our resident clairvoyant, wants to help you prepare for the arrival of your child. Here she does her best to predict certain aspects of your labor and birth experience.

What she senses for you
The day you deliver, outside will be slightly overcast. Your baby will arrive at night.

After a labor lasting approximately 7 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 9 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and be almost bald.

**********

That is one big baby, and I honestly don't see one like that coming out of me in just 7 hours (would be nice though)!! I'd also expect our baby to be longer than that since we are both tall, but who knows! So far on these, the boys have it. Will they be right...there's a 50% chance! I personally have no sense either way so far.

Oh, on a random note I almost forgot....I had a dream I was breastfeeding last night. I remember the baby was a girl, but it wasn't mine. I think I was practicing with someone else's baby or something like that! Definitely weird!

No comments: