Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Monday, October 20, 2008

38 Week Belly Shots!

I will start out by saying that I was really amazed how our prayers were answered, and God is definitely working in our uncertainties! First, I decided to contact the man at my old company who handles payroll. His name is on all the checks, so if anyone would know if this check was sent to me in error, he would. He also would be the one who could see that I was removed from payroll so this wouldn't happen again.

I got a high complement from him that my email placed him on his list of very honest people, since most probably would not raise their hand if they think they received too much money, and he appreciated my integrity. Good news, according to him I am entitled to this check and it was in the Separation and Release agreement. I don't even think I have a copy of that (I think I just mailed it back, it was so hard to remember in the middle of my initial shock). I cannot believe I didn't know I had more money coming, but I am so thankful. We really do need it! I totally was prepared to destroy it. I'm so glad to be able to celebrate this check, with a clear conscience and no worry they are going to want the money back!

I spent a good part of the day also trying to run the painter's proposal by our insurance company, so he could start work as soon as possible. I had to run to a Kinko's in order to fax him everything, but thankfully he got right back to me and said all was fine. I contacted the painter, who is going to come to our house between 9-10am tomorrow and start the work. He said it will take until the end of the week to finish the job mostly because of dry time, and that is why he also wanted to get working on this as soon as he could for us. I am very thankful. I picked up a swatch of the paint so he can match it and make everything look as good as new.

Our insurance company already had filled out their own estimate for the roof and siding repair, and sent us a check. He said he'll send us out one more check to cover this work too. I asked him if the work cost less than what they gave us if we were supposed to return the extra money. I was very surprised that he said it is ours to keep. I have never heard of that before, but the companies we have working for us are both so reasonably priced if they stick to their estimates Michael and I are pretty certain we'll come out ahead. Again, more extra money to help out!

And the money is needed. The Corolla is acting up again, but tomorrow I am going to take it in without fear of if we can afford it or not. Also, we think our sewer is starting to smell like it is time for it to get cleaned out again. We now can afford to have them come clean it before it starts backing up or smelling up the house!

So, all is moving along well. I am feeling very thankful today. I am also thankful, that I found a pediatrician group today I like! Another big thing off our to-do list. Thank you cards are also almost done.

As for the baby, he or she is really growing! Michael clearly noticed my belly has grown (he said my belly button, that is slightly popping out sometimes, almost looks like the end of a sausage roll...haha!). I can see and feel more changes too. I find myself bumping into things more, which really can hurt if I hit my distorted belly button. Some kicks or bumps are higher and hit my diaphragm. I also feel pressure all the time, and have felt a lot of cervical twinges or little shocks this week (some pregnant women call it "lightning crotch")! I wonder if I means anything is changing? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Three-quarters profile:

Oh, my old camera came back again finally. But only for awhile. Check out this nice abstracted version in the same pose as above! So glad I got a new one. You would be disappointed getting on here to see pictures of our new baby and only seeing shots that look something like this!!
I also forgot to mention on Saturday night we bought the dresser at last! We are waiting to build it until the room is done, but it is at least nice to have it here at the house. Here is a picture of our rocking chair, that has become the favorite new bed for both our kitties!

No comments: