Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Comfy and Cozy

Today's appointment didn't show much in the way of progress. My doctor said the baby is still in position -3 (we want to see him or her getting closer to 0), and my cervix still is barely effaced. At least I was dilated almost 2 centimeters now. As for the other stats, my blood pressure was 116/70, weight up 27 pounds (a pound of that was probably the huge glass of water I literally drank 5 minutes before I left for my appointment). The baby's heart rate remained in the 120's. The doctor told me my body definitely is very content staying pregnant right now, and the baby seems completely comfortable and in no hurry. Of course, things can change quickly they always warn me.

If I make it to my next appointment on my due date, they will do a non-stress test to make sure we have a happy kid in there and all is fine. If everything is alright, I will be allowed to go one more week. If I make it to my 41 week appointment, they will probably schedule an induction then. Hopefully we don't have to force this kid out! I'd love to avoid Pitocin if possible and will hope and pray my body will go into labor on its own. The reason I want to avoid it is because it usually creates very painful contractions, quicker than natural labor and can often lead to other interventions. I will start trying natural induction techniques if there is an appointment for induction scheduled. But if this baby is too stubborn or snuggly in there, then Pitocin it may be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impatient! I hope Baby York isn't too content, I want to meet him/her sooner than later.