There are only 9 days until the due date, wow! How did we get to single digits already? Honestly, I remember in February when 9 months seemed so long away. Now, it seems like only yesterday.
Michael and I had another leisurely Saturday. He spent the day working on his model trains and listening to books on tape. I drove up to Dayton to get some extra paper to finish wedding programs I'm making for friends, then had lunch with my Mom and stayed around to say hi to my Dad. On the drive, I was amazed to see gas for only $2.25 a gallon after it was over $4 not too long ago. The painters came and worked today, and I think the ceiling is pretty much done (at least got the first coat of paint). They are going to paint the walls on Monday.
I went to a bachelorette party for a friend of mine getting married the Saturday after my due date. Of course, I have no idea if I can go or not but I will go if the baby is not here yet. It was a ton of fun, we went to a restaurant that I really enjoy and then went to a house to just have good conversation, fruit and veggies, and chocolate chip cookie pie with real whipped cream. I drank water and spiced apple cider while others enjoyed adult beverages. It was a very nice, low-key event. Though this was her party and her celebration of her last night out as a single girl, I couldn't help but to realize this is probably also my last night out with the girls before my life changes and I'm officially a Mom.
Everyone is starting to get really excited. I am too. I cannot wait to see his or her face and think it will be unbelievably cool to see some part myself in another little person.
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment