Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Monday, October 27, 2008

39 Weeks Down, 1 To Go!

Yesterday, my laptop's screen finally went out in in a soft glow of white, that started on the bottom right corner of the screen and gradually swept over the whole monitor and left the screen blank white. I kidded with Michael that it had just gone to computer heaven. The good news is, after I bought a cord I can connect my laptop to a TV and use that as a monitor for now. The bad news is, both our TVs are old and the resolution is terrible! I can use it, but I have to bump most text and things up to a gaudy large size to read it. I will probably borrow a computer monitor from Michael's parents or someone until I decide to order a new one. I'm using Michael's laptop now.

It was a very cold and dreary day outside, so it was a great day for working in the house. I am finishing up wedding programs for a friend, and made excellent progress on them. I should get done by tomorrow evening. I also started sorting through baby shower gifts, and got through one half of the dining room.

The workers came and finished the room today!!! It looks so awesome and I'll be posting pictures after I get it all set up. The ceiling is smooth and free of any bumps or cracks, the walls all look perfect, they even painted all the trim and put back up the ceiling fan for us. They did such a great job and will get high reviews and recommendations from us!

We learned something very interesting about our house today....there had been a fire once. It appears it was not severe, and was only in the hallway (odd place, I know) on the second floor between the two bedrooms. The man who pointed it out noticed a lot of soot when he tore out the ceiling, plus the most tell tale sign where all the wood on the doors and window in that hallway look like they are covered in reptile scales if you look closely. I always wondered about that odd texture, but it never dawned on me that was caused by heat. Makes total sense now! The house was built in 1913, and it appears this happened years ago. We might ask the old lady next door who has been here for years if she remembers any fire here. If not, it was probably before her time. These old houses have so many stories to tell, it is always so interesting!

Here are my 39 week belly shots! My waist now measures around 42.25 inches. My next doctor's appointment is at 10:15 tomorrow.

Once the room was done, Michael amazed me by wanting to mop and set up the room! When a husband takes initiative like this, wise wives join in (not like he really would have to ask me anyway)! Michael mopped the baby's room, and I swept the hallway and stairs. Then he cleaned the crib, while I cleaned the mattress. Next, he started moving furniture back in and re-attaching plates on the outlets and I started mopping the rest of the floors and moving some other blankets and things downstairs to be washed. Michael also built the dresser, while I made dinner. The room is pretty much set up. Let the real nesting and room set up begin!! We might just get this done before the due date afterall!

No comments: