Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Looking for a Sign

I'll admit, I started looking for signs of labor: noting every little cramp and twinge, checking toilet paper for anything unusual, and things like that. I think it is a ritual all pregnant women start by the end of their pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly content to wait longer. But I'm still getting very curious and getting excited. I know when it comes to labor, it can feel like it is going to start for days or weeks, come on fast and furious all at once, or it may not even come at all and I'll have to be induced. Every baby has a unique birth story.

Progress continues steadily on our to-do-list. The nursery's ceiling is making great progress, though we now have a trail of white dust all around the high traffic pathways in our house. Everything is going to need a good scrub down again when this is done. I actually got through a whole box of papers waiting to be filed today, and transferred some of my older file folders downstairs so I have room for the current stuff. I still have a little way to go, but that is the farthest along that project has been since we got married. Other than that, I straightened up the living room and later made a double batch of Indian chicken curry (I decided not to make that while the workers are here, as some people do not care for the curry smell!) so we could have part for dinner while I freeze the rest. I will probably make another double batch of chicken curry sometime and call it done. The only other meals I have on my list are making noodles (for noodle soup which we love eating in the winter), and possibly lasagna.

Michael mailed out thank you cards for me yesterday, and today I paid all our bills. The next ones aren't due until November 15!

No comments: