Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Baby Shower and Furniture Update!

Yesterday I had the last baby shower for our Little One, thrown by my mom and sister. It was attended almost exclusively by my family, and a few people who could not be there also had sent along some gifts. Michael's parents both came down to visit as well, and I believe everyone had a fun time. I got just a few pictures on my camera, but of course there are more I don't have.

The super-cute cake that matched the decorations, napkins, and thank-you cards my mom and sister set up for me (they had everyone write their addresses on the envelopes to save me time)! Whoever decorated the cake went all out matching it almost perfectly.
The awesome favors my sister made (she came up with this all on her own)! She's by far one of the most creative and artistic engineers I know.
Inside was a magnet, that had a really cute poem, the baby's ultrasound picture, and the crib bedding pattern in the background.I almost forgot to take a picture of the food! We had Mom's awesome chili, new Portuguese Peasant Soup, broccoli cheese quiche, corn bread, along with fruit and veggies (the men also had hamburgers).
All, but about three or so of the women who were present! Men sat in the family room.
So my family has a strange sense of humor (left). Gift table (right).
Close up of the diaper cake my mom and sister made (Dad helped too)!
Lots of cute clothes!
Again, I loved all my gifts and appreciated everyone's generosity! We also got our car seat (I didn't have a picture of it on my camera), and were excited about that since I want to get it set up and checked out this week. Overall, we got almost everything off our registry. The only big items are things we don't need right away, like the stroller and the high chair. I do have cash and gift cards that might be able to go toward those items, and if needed I'll just put them (or more gift cards) on our Christmas list.

Today, Michael and I finally went to Ikea to get our furniture for the nursery. We got everything but the dresser, which was not in stock. It was probably just as well, as I think our car was full to capacity. It was funny pulling our Toyota Corolla up next to all the trucks and minivans, but we seriously fit the big almost 7ft tall bookcase, the wardrobe, and the storage bench all in our little car and could shut the trunk. It was definitely impressive. Michael also was impressive and somehow dragged all the heavy boxes into the car and the house. He is currently building it as I type! I cannot decide yet if I'm going to take pictures now or wait until I get it all set up. I'm so excited to decorate the room!

Tomorrow is my 36 week doctor's appointment. I have nothing too new to report, at least I'm sure you really want to hear about (but for those of you dying of curiosity it is just gross stuff like my I seemed to have developed a slight intolerance toward something (or a general late-pregnancy digestion issue) that gives me a bit of diarrhea every now and then. I also had my first experience with minor hemorrhoids last night that thankfully plain old witch hazel took care off). Not fun stuff, but part of the last month of pregnancy for many. I am glad to have a buddy group of women who are sharing similar miseries and make me feel normal ;-)

No comments: