Most non-runners have no idea what makes these so special, but almost all running moms I know LOVE their BOBs. Everyone says they are the Subarus or the Cadillacs in the world of strollers. I wanted one because the reputation and because they are designed for both running and everyday use (my lifestyle!). Want to go walking on a trail in the woods? BOB strollers handle that. Live were there are bumpy sidewalks? BOB strollers handle that. They also have all the best safety features you can find in a stroller when you are serious about running and not just a casual jogger ;-) http://www.bobgear.com/
The problem is, they are pricey! They run around $400. I guess a lot of strollers are expensive, but still. This doesn't even include tax or the $55 car seat adapter, which is nice to have so you don't have to lug the thing around and can just push it securely on your stroller.
I was just perusing Craigslist this morning, when to my surprise there was a BOB Stroller listed. I had never seen one on Craigslist EVER. I was so shocked and expected it was already gone. Thankfully, it had been posted yesterday. It was the BOB Stroller Strides version, which was almost identical to the BOB Revolution stroller I registered for. I compared the specifications and features of both, and the only difference was the colors, and the Stroller Strides one came with a Fitness Kit included: exercise bands and exercise manual inside a BOB handlebar console. It was also $10 more expensive. The one on Craigslist also happened to be red, which just so happens to be one of Michael and I's favorite colors (and is a safer color since it is easier to see than navy blue we registered for).
The stroller was still available, and appeared to be in excellent shape. The lady was asking only $325 for both the stroller and the car seat adapter! Excellent price in my opinion. I then went and gathered all the cash I had left from the baby showers. We also had decided to exchange the Pack N Play we got, even though nothing was wrong with it but I'm still not sure which one I want yet. Since it was paid for in cash, they gave us cash back. You'll probably not believe me, but we had the exactly $325 left in cash from the gifts!! At that moment I just knew this was our stroller!! God provides and often makes things like this so clear, and I was excited!
The stroller ironically was located right near the GAP outlet, just like the crib bedding had been. It was perfect, looked brand new. Only had one small dirty spot (she hadn't even tried to really clean) where her sons feet used to rest, but it is very light and I couldn't care less (nothing stays perfect with kids anyway!). I pushed the stroller around and it was so light and easy. It is easy to use and easy to fold up. Her son ended up being a baby that hated strollers, so it was just a year old and barely used. She also wasn't a runner either, but was very fit. She told me with her last son she ate healthy and only gained 25 pounds (I'm on track to gain around that amount). Like me, everyone said she looked small but her son was normal size and with in 2-3 weeks she was back in her normal clothes. That was encouraging! She had all the parts and booklets (some parts were still in the plastic). She also said their customer service is awesome, so if I ever had questions or needed to call them to feel free. It was awesome, what a huge blessing!
When I brought it home, Michael was like "Cool you got red! " He also commented it looked like she never used it and was impressed how much we saved.
Here are the pictures!
I also swung by a Babies R Us down there and checked out Pack N Plays. I now plan to use the gift cards we got toward that, or our highchair instead. We only have 5 items left on our registry, not including the Pack N Play (which I have found some options, just need to make a decision)! I remembered I had a coupon at home, so I waited to buy.
In other really good news, Michael's meeting with the University went great! He was so stressed out, but didn't get yelled at and actually got encouraged and now has a plan. They told him they are impressed he has come this far, and the guy talking to him told him that he could count on both his hands the number of students he knew that went straight through undergrad all the way to the PhD, however he knew hundreds who tried and just stopped at the Masters (some continued after a break). He has to finish his proposal in a month, then can get his Masters this spring. If he wants to continue with the PhD he still can. Incredibly, they aren't going to give him a pay cut, but are keeping him at PhD level pay. I guess we'll see how he feels. He is just relieved now and so thankful for all the prayers that were answered!



1 comment:
Love it!! It looks just like mine! My favorite item for sure!!
Post a Comment