Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Friday, October 17, 2008

The Name Game

A lot of people were asking me lately if we have talked about names yet. The long-anticipated moment came this afternoon, at Michael's initiation. We abandoned the idea of planning a time since that just never worked. He started by reading his list then I read mine. So did we clash and get in a fight, or did we agree? The good news is (especially since we have 17 days to go until the due date) is we now have a short list! The whole process probably took us 15 minutes. So far, we currently have one boy's first name we both like and fully are on board with. We have several middle name options. For a girl, we have three top names and two possible middle names at this time. We actually both feel we are done, as we plan to wait until after our child is born to make the final selection. I am excited it went so smoothly! I'm still going to keep it between us.

I ordered a Moby Wrap today that I can "wear" our baby around in. It is a great way to let moms keep a newborn close while being hands free, and is extremely soothing for most babies. With practice, some moms also use it to nurse discreetly. I got the natural color, since it would go with almost anything I usually wear and is a lighter color for the hotter months. I might get another color in time if this works out well for us. Michael and I can both wear it, and wear it in all different ways as our child grows.
http://www.mobywrap.com/c-15-moby-wrap.aspx

1 comment:

Jsplints said...

you are so close! good choice on the Moby! If you love it you can always look for fabric to make a 2nd or ebay!