Today, mid-60 degree air swept into our area and made it feel a lot more like October (it has been in the 80's around here recently and felt like early September). I made a lot of progress by simply setting priorities. First, I took care of unemployment office requests after receiving an email from them. That definitely caused a lot of frustration, and ended up eating up the rest of my morning. After lunch, I decided to catch up on a few other odds and ends and I set up an appointment to meet up with a pediatrician several of my friends with children recommended to me. We need to provide a name of a pediatrician at the hospital, so that is a big one. I meet them at 4:30 on Monday.
Next, I called the guy who is coming out to give us an estimate to repair the water damage in the baby's room and paint the ceiling. He has been super nice and responsive, but he was so busy he was making me nervous that he might not have time to get the room done before our little bundle arrives home. I really want to be able to organize and put away the stuff from the showers that is still cluttering up our dining room! There just is no point when if we move it, we'll only have to move it all over again. The guy told me he was wrapping up his big project today and plans to stop by tomorrow to give us an estimate and work out a contract. When I mentioned I am due to have our first child on November 3, and asked if he felt he'd be able to get the work done before that, he was really nice and said with that our job was going to the top of his list. He should get to it early next week! He recently just had a baby himself and totally understands how women want to get everything its place before they go into labor! I was pleased!
After that, I finally started on our bedroom that had become highly unorganized and cluttered. It had been driving me crazy because it is the first sight I see when I wake up in the morning, and it is also the room the baby is going to start out in. I'm either going to use an actual bassinet Michael's family is going to offer to us, if it is still safe and in good shape, or a pack n play with a bassinet. My mom ended up getting one and will give it to us. I took a break to make some broccoli soup for dinner (Michael helped some), then I got Michael's help with cleaning the rest of our bedroom in the evening. It now looks awesome, and feels ready.
Speaking of Michael's help, he was awesome today because he came home for lunch (while I was dealing with annoying unemployment questions with a website that kept timing out) and put away all dishes and unloaded the dishwasher without being asked. He also came and told me he wiped down the blades of the ceiling fan in our bed room. I had no idea he even noticed how dirty those blades were! That was one of the sweetest things he could have done for a nesting-driven pregnant wife!
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment